Friday, January 6, 2012

Rules

As I was sitting at lunch with my friend (the one who told me to do this), she asked me "What are the rules?" So I guess I kinda touched on it a little in my first blog, but I guess I will go more in detail....so here they are.
1. Nothing new for myself/house/kids/dog (including but not limited to: toys, clothes, household items, shoes, ect)
2. Only necessary stuff when it comes to health and beauty items (nail polish is not necessary = ))
3. No new gifts for me, I am asking that if someone is to give me something that it be used or handmade
4. My children are being subjected to this even if they object...husband too!
5. Entertainment is exempt as long as it is not a tangible good being purchased, tickets to Monster Jam...OK. Brand new Blu-Ray...not OK.

I guess my rules can be amended as I see fit, but the main concept of this "campaign" is to make sure that everything is used. Now I am sure over the next 355 days that I will have breakdowns or slip-ups. I plan on being completely honest about those times.

I want everyone to know that this is in no way easy for me to do. I LOVE to shop and have new things. It is hard for me not to have the latest trend of boots or a jacket that I love. I am like so many people out there and want instant gratification, yesterday was too late. Although I love a good deal, if I want something and it is not on sale chances of me waiting are slim. I read a quote on a bottle "The less I own, the less that owns me." and I knew that this way of life I had grown accustomed to was not really me.

On a side note, I dislike the word Blog and I got this brand new barbie motor home for my daughter for her birthday today at.....u guessed it The Goodwill!

No comments:

Post a Comment